Each song title in this repertoire is listed below. Click on the song title to view / download music (ideally you will already have this provided, but you may wish to print another copy or simply to view it on screen.
Music will open in a new tab in your web browser – this will allow you to play a backing track and view the music at the same time.
Please note: We may not be performing all of these items – please check the current repertoire on the Home Page.
- Men start this piece – at the page turn, men are marked ‘Baritone’
- There is a one-note divide at bar 28 – S2 should sing the B Flat please, followed by the Soprano D (singing “too”). This happens at bar 61 as well.
- Top page 5 – keep the staccato notes short (stay with you).
- Page 7 – Bar 54, S2 please sing the small notes shown.
- Page 10 – Bar 80, S2 sing small notes, Altos sing top notes (unison with Soprano)
- BAR 83 – watch the conductor! there is a quaver rest!!!!!
- Bar 87 – S2 sing small notes.
- Bars 91 to 94 – S2 sing smaller notes.
- At the start of the piece – ALL sing Part II (Unison as marked).
- At Bar 26, the voices divide; Part I is Sop1 and Sop2, Part II is Alto and Men.
- We all sing (Unison) at Bar 42, dividing again over the page (as before).
- From Bar 106, Sopranos sing the Descant (top line), S2 continue to sing Part I, Altos and Men sing Part II
- Bar 118, the notes change to Minims, which makes the tempo seem slower.
- From Bar 122 there are accents over some notes, please sing them!
- The final ‘Yeah’ is said NOT sung
This is my arrangement from the film staring Pat Boone. The piano score is very scant – we will be working from the words version as supplied on the above link. The backing we will use for performance is different (but the same speed).
- Men start the piece – watch conductor for timing.
- Bar 44 – Altos sing lower note, S2 please sing upper notes of Alto line.
- Final notes – S2 please sing the Tenor Middle C. Men sing the low C.
You have a copy of this in your current music folder. The music available on the above link reduces the number of pages to 4 (but is smaller than the original). There are 2 vocal lines, please rehearse the one you have worked on previously.
- Part I – Sopranos (1 & 2)
- Part II – Altos / Men
- Unison (all sing) at start – watch the accents (e.g. Sto-ry)
- Bar 78 – watch conductor!
- Bar 105 – watch conductor for end of … berg!
- Bar 114 – pronounce I-gor as E-gor (as in See)
- Bar 126 – Sop2 take lower note of part I. Altos take upper note / men take lower of Part II
This song has been performed previously, but I think this is a new (slightly more varied) arrangement. Please use the music form the link above for now. A printed copy with piano score will be available when we are able to rehears in the building.
- Bar 32 – watch for timing.
- Bar 40 to 43 – Sop1 only please. (for the Ooo’s)
- Bar 93 – watch conductor for timing
- Last 3 bars – watch conductor.
From Now On
You will have have music in your folders; the version here is identical in terms of harmony. Use the vocal line you have been allocated previously.